View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #13
skierd OP
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,900
End of this week to early next week. I'm still not happy with how everything is packed. I need to stop fiddling, or I just need to get it right and tight.

I'm trying to avoid side rack, else I'd just have dirtbaz again. But this is too top heavy, visually anyways, to really please me...

sideways, out of the wind...

crossways... too close to the exhaust?

FWIW, top bag is my clothes in a waterproof compression sack, down sleeping bag in a wateproof compression sack, BA IAC sleeping pad, 2 MSR bottles, front and rear spare tubes, air pillow, toiletries, mallet for pounding stakes, and a camp towel. Left saddle bag are camp shoes (actually soft, floppy boots), cook kit (alcohol stove, small pot, fork, lid, handle, sierra cup, and fuel), and my tent stakes. Right bag is reserved for shelter, which will likely be a golite hex3 with nest in addition to a bivy and small tarp. The pole will go in the duffel. Tools in the tank bag.

Packing for wintry and swing season conditions blows, summer stuff is small and lightweight, winter stuff is necessarily bulkier.

If anyone has a suggestion for carrying spare tubes other than 'not', which I'd like to do but don't trust patches all that well, I'm all ears. Jesus these things take up a ton of space. So does the air pad fwiw, but damn its comfortable.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote