View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #118
Gregulator
Loves the dirt

Oddometer: 162
Thumb XT250: First valve adjustment - in spec!

The skidplate mounting bolts are indeed an M6. They're the same as the single bolt holding the side (not tank) plastic on. I'm pleased with my homemade plate - the metal I had to use is far too thin to take a good hit from landing on something, but it is keeping the motor clean and free from flying objects.

I just checked the valve clearances for the first time, at a little over 1000 miles. They were in spec!
Intake: 0.07 mm (range 0.05-0.10mm)
Exhaust: 0.12mm (range 0.10-0.15mm).

The 0.10mm slid through the exhaust very easily, but I could only get the 0.13mm about halfway in, hence my approximation. When looking at the spark plug I initially thought it might have been running a bit lean, but I'm now thinking that it's just because the spark plug has so few miles on it. The bike starts easily, warms up quickly and runs beautifully.

And here's a picture of the bike in action, since this thread is pretty slow! That's my wife, not me, but I can't keep off of this thing. My bicycle and my streetbike are both getting far less use because of it, poor things .

Gregulator screwed with this post 02-24-2011 at 09:48 AM Reason: Dang, I thought you could spoiler tag images?
Gregulator is offline   Reply With Quote