Originally Posted by stephano
On a side note...One time when I was young, I opened a can of Jasco paint remover and took a smell. BAD MISTAKE. After almost knocking me out, I was not feeling right for the rest of the day and it scared me. I since learned in science classes to wave your hand over whatever your smelling to be safer but being a kid, I knew no better.
My ex used to be a goldsmith. Goldsmiths use extremely
strong ammonia solutions for something (to put this in perspective, regular household "ammonia" is 3% ammonia, 97% water). Some guy did as you describe, and was knocked cold on the spot. He toppled over, of course spilling the ammonia all over the place. It was all the could do to drag him out and evacuate.