View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #163
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
If you (anyone reading these posts) recall in one of my posts, just yesterday, I was able to express a term I couldn't put a word on... trials is about the gift of "nuances". So look at the videos of Charla balancing. Notice her body position, it looks like she's been riding for several months or years, instead of some wierd postures I have witnessed as beginners attempt to get going with trials, which is usually overcomming habits learned from riding dirt bikes, for a few years.

Secondly, note this other nuance: Charla "looks" as if it was effortless, to keep her balance (relatively at least). I know, and most know this is NOT the case, but what I am saying is notice that she is using very subtle corrections to keep her balance. Not big old herky jerky motions. that is hard to train.

Hey you guys, keep Charla interested in trails, don't over do it, and get her hurt somehow, as I think if balance is any indication, she'll be wanting to try stuff. I know also it was one vid, so hopefully I didnt make too much of it (for her ego sake and anyone elses) but it sure looks good to see that.

to Charla...

+1... to Charla!

I couldn't balance on a trials bike well until I had been riding for about 4 years...still not sure I could do it dead stick like in her video!! Awesome stuff Charla!!