I think I've made my choice. I'm gonna go with the EVGA 560 Ti in SLI. It costs more then I wanted to spend but then there's more value in it. I might see if I can sell my EVGA GTX 280 SSC to help or else I'll just keep it and put it in my Nephew's computer.
On a similar note;
Seems AMD couldn't wait and has announced the HD 6990. Reviews are already out as well. No, I won't be buying one.
Especially at $699.
I can't imagine anyone running out to buy two for CF, although I'm sure there will be some.
- Tech Report
- PC Perspective
- Hot Hardware
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 750W Watt or greater power supply with two 150W 8-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (1000W and four 8-pin connectors recommended for AMD CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode. 1200W recommended for optimal performance).
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive, a keyboard, a mouse, and a display
- DVD playback requires DVD drive and a DVD
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive and a Blu-ray disc
- For an AMD CrossFireX™ system, a second AMD Radeon™ HD 6990 Graphics card, an AMD CrossFireX™ Ready motherboard and one AMD CrossFireX™ Bridge Interconnect cable is required
- Use of 3 or more displays with AMD Eyefinity technology requires a DisplayPort-capable panel or an AMD Eyefinity validated dongle. See http://www.amd.com/EyefinityDongles for a list of validated DisplayPort dongles.
- Default (BIOS1)
- Up to 830MHz Engine Clock
- 5.10 TFLOPs Single Precision compute power
- 1.27 TFLOPs Double Precision Compute Power
- Overclocked (BIOS2)
- Up to 880MHz Engine Clock
- 5.40 TFLOPs Single Precision compute power o 1.37 TFLOPs Double Precision Compute Power
- 4GB GDDR5 Memory
- 1250MHz Memory Clock (5.0 Gbps GDDR5)
- 320 GB/s memory bandwidth (maximum)
- TeraScale 3 Unified Processing Architecture
- 3072 Stream Processors
- 192 Texture Units
- 128 Z/Stencil ROP Units
- 64 Color ROP Units
- Dual geometry and dual rendering engines
- High Speed 256-bit GDDR5 memory interface