View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
Jäger OP
Osons

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by danceswithcages View Post
Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to figure this section out too, as I'm planning a loop from Missoula to Darby, hop on the Magruder Corridor to Elk City, then up to Wallace. Haven't figured Wallace to Missoula yet either...
Well, in the spirit of my asking others for suggestions and assistance (thanks Mark), attached you will find the initial roughing out of my plans so far.

This particular leg, there isn't a bazillion choices. I'm coming from Eureka south. So when you get to the Kook, it's either cross the bridge or stay on the east side. If you stay on the east side, you'll be following the lakeshore to Libby on Hwy 37. Most likely not wanting to do that slab, so you cross the bridge. Then you either stay with the Kook and go down the west side to Libby, or you head off into the hills at Big Creek. If you take the hills, you either decide to either drop down to Libby on Pipe Creek, or you head a bit more west and drop down the Yahk River to Troy.

From there as you go south, if you want to stay off Hwy 56, it looks like you pretty much have to go west to Lightening Creek drainage, and then drop south to the Clarke Fork/edge of Lake Pend Oreille.

From there to Wallace, the choices are a lot more varied, which was why I was looking for local knowledge, but there's certainly some nice river drainages to choose from. Possibly all being one just as nice as the other.

Anyways, gotta get off this and back to work. .gpx file attached if it is of use to you.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx ID-MT.gpx (1.44 MB, 135 views)
Jäger is offline   Reply With Quote