View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #562
folmonty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
RT, and springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
I'm looking at Hagons for the rear and RaceTech emulators for the front but I still need to do more research on straight springs vs. progressives for the front. I think RaceTech actually recommends straight-wound springs on the front (if I recall my reading from last year right). I'm gonna have to start looking into it again. What do the W650 thread suspension experts think?
No real definitive answer on that one. Was wondering the same as it's something I ran into with another application on the RT valves. What I have found is that the Progressive springs are longer, and use a cut down spacer where the Hagon's are same length and use the stock spacer. This doesn't answer your question. Think I'll call RT tomorrow and see if I can get clarification. On this low tech front end wonder if we'd even be able to discern any difference? Worth a phone call or email at least.

Today I bought the RT valves. Committed to at least those and rear shocks. Hagon has a good rep among the W crowd on yahoo groups. That's the best bunch I've found. There are two groups. One active and one has been in hibernation for a while. Basically the same folks. As everyone knows there are only so many Wubya's out there anyway.

Spring is around the corner and everyone starting to "get the itch!"
R5, RD (x's3),W, ZRX
R100GS, GSA, KLR
folmonty is offline   Reply With Quote