Thread: Trials Bicycles
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #98
VertigoCycles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
Just got back from a little over an hour riding at the park, worked on trying to find the rear wheel balance point on the Monty. I got there a few times but for the life of me I cannot stop involuntarily hitting the "eject" button.
It takes a while to overcome what your brain is telling you to do. The more you work at it, the more the movements will become automatic. Good thing practicing is as fun and rewarding as it is.

Quote:
My brain is saying "Sweet!" as I watch my hands let go and the bike hits the ground. I'm such a chicken.
eh...it happens. When I first started riding I broke just about everything on the bike but the frame itself. It's part of learning to dump it every once in a while and most of the time the bike will be fine.

Quote:
Had one crash and smashed my kneecap on the stem pretty hard. That one took a few minutes to walk off. I guess it's a good thing I already had a bruise there.
I know the instinct is to wear more protection but then you're not addressing the root of the problem which is usually a need for more aggro pedals and stickier shoes.

Quote:
I can pivot on the front wheel 360 degrees going right (little hops obviously) but I can barely go left at all.
that's typical, you'll figure it out. look further over your shoulder and remember...envision your hips going from where they are to where they need to be.
VertigoCycles is offline   Reply With Quote