View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #99
NortwestRider OP
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,512
Thanks for all the support & help guys your ideas are saving my A%$.So I went out to the shed tonight after work and did some messin around and found out something that could put a halt to forward progress.I can't get the sidecar suspension to move !!.It's rated at 250lb,BUT I weigh 285lb and the frame weighs about 100lb and when I stand on it ,it only moves about 1/2 inch ( the back of my bike almost bottoms out !!).My wife only weighs about 150lb so it could be a BUMPY ride for her.I'm going to contact the builder and see if there is anyway he sent me a higher rated one ( I hope he didn't cause it's welded on REALLY well ).OR maybe he has a way to soften it up??..On a positive note,as I was jumping up and down on it I watched the subframe and I COULD NOT see any flex!!,I know that road stresses are higher but I was happy that it stayed put.Also while I was just sitting there thinking about what to do with the suspension I went ahead and mounted my steering dampner.I don't know if I will really need one BUT it will be easier to remove it later than add it on,also it only cost $12.00 with shipping from ebay !!

Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote