View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #827
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,509
I was going to clean the injectors and replace the o-rings and the fuel lines seemed a bit rotted, fuel filter will def be replaced.

How do I store the tank now that it is empty?

Front brakes needed a rebuild when I originally put it away, so I will sort that along with new front and rear pads.

I need to lube the drive splines, but was also considering lubing the clutch splines as well, although I think I will need the alignment tool to put it back together if I go that far. I am a little concerned about the fact that the clutch slips in first if you give the bike to much throttle when starting out.

There is a small oil leak from under the water pump housing. I was going to sort that. I also noticed some oil residue under the rad cap. I had a dealer replace the water pump shaft a few years ago and wonder if they didn't do a good job. That shouldn't be too hard a job to replace the gaskets and o-rings in there and to flush the radiator out.

My speedo cuts off when it gets too wet out. I read somewhere that there is a mod to fix it. I was going to do a bit of research and see about trying that.

It is getting a new battery and I am going to hit my connectors with di-electric grease to stop any corrosion.

I have some cracked body work and am going to get the new pieces and have all the plastics redone to spruce the look up.

The old Metzlers are gone, so new tires are a must.

I was going to replace the fork seals and add stiffer springs up front with some new fluid. The rear shock is on its way to Works next week for a rebuild and a stiffer spring for two up riding as well.

Everything else is fine and most of the stuff I am looking at is pretty straight forward. The goal is to get the bike finished mid summer so my wife and I can do some fun short tours on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
Only two years? Fresh fuel with Techron concentrate, new fuel filter, an oil change and a bath and it should be good to go. (Might want to check how old the tires are too.)