View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #43
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,460
I do not think so. You were cheating on your KTM.

Seriously, I was right behind you after the start, riding very comfortable pace. Few miles into the race right after the railroad crossing when we made right someone ran into me and I crashed hard. Luckly I landed on huge bush (and not cactus) so the landing was surprisingly soft considering this was's low speed get off. I think the other rider hit my right foot with his bike (and totally bent my header) so right after I picked the bike up I could feel the foot swelling and pulsating.

Somehow I managed to get over the pain and started riding in anger. As I was reeling you guys in few miles down the road (before the first time check) I passed 2 people going uphill but hit sharp rock on the crest and that was it - flat front. A couple of oh shit moments later I decided just to baby it to the finish. I was thumping slowly and just waving people by.

Somewhere around mile 30 I noticed that in straight whoopy sections I can still ride pretty fast considering the circumstances. So I picked up the pace and passed a couple of guys back. Brought her home but was really upset with how things unraveled.

Overall, I really liked the terrain of Red Mountain race. It was certainly less sketchy than Checkers race in Johnson Valley, and suited my style better.

Off to sleep with ice pack on my foot. Off to buy better boots tomorrow.

How did your race go?

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
you bastard.... think you beat me again...

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote