View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #46
swamp OP
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,739
Wink A Fist Full of Costa Rica

today's ride will take me from Carrillo , over the highest mountains on the nicoya peninsula , Liberia, between 2 volcanoes (volcan rincon de la vieja and volcan santa maria ).

"I had trouble sleeping last night. there was something banging its head on one of the wooden beams outside my door. I ate half a can of Pringles for breakfast. There was a guy outside with a water-hose spraying my bike. I gave him the rest of the can of Pringles. I asked him where i could find a new front tire. He told me Nosara. Possibly Nosara. "

There are so many surf breaks on this peninsula. .. with no surfers. Its a surfer's paradise.

I stopped at a gas station to fill up. I saw a KENDA logo at the gas station so i asked the attendant if he had a new llanta... to my surprise he showed me to a room in the back. they had a whole rack full of knobbys. i chose a trackmaster front. sweet.

v i d e o

this bridge was interesting.

BRIDGE V I D E O

One of the reasons i enjoy traveling alone is that i can enjoy the view, the moment and the inner realizations rattled loose by the journey.... without social interference.

I met an old man later in my trip. we had coffee together one morning. he told me he didnt understand how i could enjoy being alone , not having anyone to talk to or share experiences with. interesting, i cant understand why he would want to travel around with a bunch of fat, complaining , babies who are either complaining about waking up too early OR waking up too late, complaining about sleeping in places that are too cheap or sleeping in a place that is too expensive, "when are we going to stop for luuuuunch??" complaining about it being too hot or complaining about it being too cold, complaining about it being too dry or too wet or not going because there is no chase truck or what if we miss our flight or Teddy lost his passport , "i need to reeeeeessst" ..AND what if jesus fucking christ takes a super fat daddy shit all over everything and we have to have a cumbaya panic party at the embassy after pressing the SOS button on hey-joe's Spot unit because his heart stint malfunctioned ? no thanks ... im not going to hang-a-fang on that stack of monkey eggs . onward to the beer, honey and anti-social problems.

V I D E O .........

thought i would swing by "the white colony" to see what was shakin'.

then .. i came upon a REAL dual sport motorcycle. friggin sweet right !?

REAL.....

......DUAL SPORT

Then there was some under-construction happening.
just go through the water hole. its normal. i love this place.

Rio Azul

V I D E O

Lake Arenal

Volcan Arenal

"the Daniel-son-Crane-Kick" + volcano in background

I stayed here. nice people. eat the chicken. dont eat the beef.

más tarde y su madre es fea
off the grid and deep in the woods

swamp screwed with this post 03-30-2011 at 11:13 PM
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote