View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #20
Zahnarzt OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Modifications

So, what modifications has everyone done to get their TT up to snuff?
I thought we could compile all the mods onto a single post and keep it near the front of the thread so new folks could see what is possible.

I.e. I used a 1996 KX 500 on my '84. I had to press the steering stems out of the triples and use the TT stem with the KX tree.
There is a slight (<10mm) difference in the placement of the forks in the tree, but I can notice any flex or steering probs
I used a 94 or 95 brake and wheel set up from a KX250...fit perfect. May be narrower than the KX500 or the TT600 but it bites good in the dirt and I can actually stop in the wet stuff now and the springs don't bottom as easily - I'm a pretty big boy.
In total I paid about 200 - 250USD for part and bearings. EBay is usually the place to go.

What other front ends have people put on to stop this big girl or get better spring rates?

And for the Belgarda Crowd...How is the suspension on the newer TT600. Did Yamaha do good?