View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #29
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucifer View Post
Nice set up Brucifer.

What is that blue beauty I see hiding behind the air box with an adjustable spring as well. Do tell please, Brand, Specs Cost, is it still available...

PS there is a complete engine - and most of the rest of the bike- on EBay now... A little pricey but it looks pristine
I was wondering if anyone would notice that. It's a Works Performance shock. Besides the spring preload the only other adjustment is compression I believe, or maybe rebound, I don't remember now, the ol' memory starting to fail.
It's set up for a 200 lb rider for motocross. It's a huge difference over the under sprung stocker.
This one was on ebay directly from Works. At $500.00 it wasn't a cheap upgrade but it was worth it. They are discontinued.

The other mods to this bike are a 621cc JE piston, Web motocross grind camshaft with matching valve springs, ported head by Baisley Performance and the Cobra slip-on.
Unfortunately as I was buttoning up this installation, I noticed the main bearings had some play. So, it will have to be torn back down all the way and new mains installed.... I have really been dragging my feet on this.

Also have an '86 YZ490 (disc brake) front end assembly ready to go on. Only mod needed was to press out the YZ stem from the lower triple and press in a TT stem.[/QUOTE]
Both are 43 mm? So you can just side them right in the clamps?? ED
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote