View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #230
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks! The chair is a 1965 "Spirit of America Sport Sidecar", and I've got old Cycle and Cycle World mags with adverts for it in them. Kind of fun. I got it from some folks who had it on a Harley, and it was too light--they kept flying it.

I run a car battery behind the seat, and that suffices for ballast, plus it is usually loaded with camping gear or a Grandchild or two.....

The XS likes the chair, but the rear wheel also likes to be respoked every 10,000 miles or so. I guess I still need to further fine-tune the lean-out and toe-in, but she sure feels neutral going down the road. If nothing else, it makes life interesting, and keeps me out of bars......
Had a homemade chair on a '74 quite a few years back ['81?], felt a bit underpowered but the chair was pretty heavy & wide track as well! Photo?
HMMMMM, I'll be back in a minute!

Almost identical to the chair I built for the waterbottle, ['79], photo my father riding it on the farm.

Just found that photo of XS650 '74 with the chair, yep ugly fella is me [before the grey]

If I build another one, there will be heaps more thought go into the design for a start, track width same as a landcruiser? Leading Link frontend? the list goes on!
Cheers
Baza

hunter_greyghost screwed with this post 04-07-2011 at 11:08 PM
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote