View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #18
bk brkr baker OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,464
After a sleep at the Roof I got up and tended the chain. It's starting to wear pretty quickly, here's hoping it will get me home.

On the way south I spot a clever solution to traffic snarls.

Then I started seeing signs for the Bellingarth Gardens, so here it is let's go in.

Kind of what I expected, some cars and some tour buses in the lot. I check on prices ,at $20 I'm ready to skip, then I decide to have some iced tea. The back door of the lunch room leads into the garden. It won't hurt to take a quick peek now, would it?

The Mobile Mustang club was setting up for a car show on this lawn the next day.

And that was the "iced tea tour".

Now on the Dauphin Island to catch the forth and last ferry of this trip.

While waiting for the ferry I had a chance to see Fort Gaine, a brick coastal defence fort from 1824.

When the ferry came I boarded behind these guys from Florida. One was on a Victory Hammer with drasticly short and loud pipes , the other on a 1050 Speed Triple with a throaty 3 into 1.
Turns out they were from Pa. and had an apartment in Panama City and they both worked on a supply boat that serviced the drilling platforms all over the gulf.

And we rolled on through Pine Beach and Gulf Shores.

In Pensacola I went to the Naval Aviation Museum, at the gate the guard asked if I had any bright colored clothes with me . I thought it was a strange question but , I said I have a yellow T-shirt but it's kinda funky as I haven't done any laundry yet.
He looked a little discusted and told me to go on.

Check out these accomadations.

The Liberty V-12.

This plane uses 4 Liberty V-12s !

Knife and fork rods.

Pratt and Whitney from WW2.

I rode over to my friend Lou's house and we rode off to dinner on his Buell's.
I rode the XB-12 first and it's damn nice. The torque comes on real low and my hand came off the left grip once leaving a stop. Better watch that.

On the way back I was on the Ulysses, it was a little tired compared to the 12 but still fun. We rode around the town a while the went back to Lou's and watched a Bruce Brown filmed '67 100 lap TT from Ascot.

bk brkr baker screwed with this post 04-08-2011 at 09:08 PM
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote