View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #125
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
A little dirt, sand, and sun.

Ahah! Off road! Awesome.

Under the advice of the local tourism agent, we headed out Avenida Ruiz, all the way to the end. We ended up on a local hill top. It was awesome. Check it out!

We got to see some of the local government housing. It was quite the sight.

They all are about the same size and shape.

Just on the other side of the hill, Tom spotted some horses as well.
Tom’s hilltop.

The horses. A mare and her colt?

And then thought he’d like to pet one. So he did.

We also noticed a wacky rock.

El stone de hairy ass.

View from the rock was good too. If not full of mini homes.

It was soon time to eat. So we found our favorite taco stand.
Ahhhh, taco stand. Yumm!

Then we hit the beach. On our moto’s. It was awesome. Great weather for while as well.

Sarah headed back to the hotel, Tom stuck around for a while, and then headed back. He doesn’t like the sand. Charlie and I just hauled ass. It was great.

Charlie began to ponder if it gets better than this. I assured him that it does. It will. And we’re on the right path. He agreed of course.

We leave Ensenada tomorrow morning, headed for midland Baja Mexico. Our first destination is a park of some sort. Should be good to camp in. The day after we’ll head to La Bahia de Los Angeles. If we’re lucky, we’ll see some whales. We’ve all seen whales before, but this should be good anyway.

We looked at the map of Baja Mexico that Sarah brought along with her. It’s a damn big place. It gave us a good dose of reality. We’re 60 miles south of the US border. Soon enough, we’ll be much further south, with MUCH more to go. We can wait.

As a notable side note. Tom is keeping tabs on our vacation in his own blog on blogspot. His writing is not to be missed, and covers much of the detail that I might not add on my posts. His photos are generally complimentary to my own, if not the same. You’ll likely enjoy it just as much as this ride report as well. Here is a linky.

www.thetomreport.blogspot.com

Until next time. Onward!

--Alex

bigalsmith101 screwed with this post 04-09-2011 at 07:02 PM
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote