Old 04-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #63
swamp OP
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,770
Thumb A fist full of costa rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post
Wow, great report.

Early on i was going to ask if you wished for one of the bigger bikes. Then I read your bike bike home was a 225.
So how'd you like the extra beans of the big 250?

Honestly, i wish that i had my xt225 with me down there. if i would have had
"El Chupacabra" with me i would have hit some extremely difficult stuff. there are foot paths/horse trails that go deep into the jungle, through the mountains. the stock Tornado is not the bike for that shit: too heavy, geared completely wrong, small gas tank, all the safety switches (which were beginning to malfunction towards the end of the ride) etc. .. a built xt225=small displacement , bombproof, kick starter + electric start and light weight with a large gas tank. would be the perfect bike to get into some serious jungle madness down there. ... if you weigh around 155 pounds

however the Tornado is a cool bike (air cooled with an oil cooler) and i enjoyed riding a bike that is not available here in the states. it was badly emissions restricted and i didnt like that the gas tank was so small.. however this did make me stop more often to interact with more people. The Tornado grew on me. i hated saying goodbye to the little whore

i chose the Tornado over all the other bikes that were available
(including the KTMs.. i wanted to complete my trip...). It really was the best choice for what i wanted to accomplish in costa rica

off the grid and deep in the woods

swamp screwed with this post 04-14-2011 at 07:01 PM
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote