View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #28
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnjim View Post
Tom, I really like the rack. However; I do have another suggestion based upon my experience with a bungie net on top of my tank bag on my CBR 600. I'm wondering, in rough terrain, if four bungie hooks is enough. On my CBR, when I ride hard in the twisties, aggressively accelerating, decelerating, and leaning from side to side abruptly, the four point attachment for my bungie net-to-tank bag was not enough to keep things under the bungie net under the net and the G forces allowed whatever I had under the net move forward, backward, or to the side between, and sometimes out from under the bungie net hooks. I went to a shoe shop and had them add four more hooks to my tank bag, one between each corner. It works great and keeps everything under the bungie net in place.

How about one more hook between each corner?
Jim, good suggestion and I can see the benefit of more loops, but I'm wondering if the mid hooks could just be hooked to the rack itself?

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote