View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #161
rlbowers03
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocdog View Post
+1000

My brother, Chris, and his only child - his son, Jordan. Jordan was KIA in Iraq 3 years ago today (right about at this hour).

Playing soldier as a boy:

On the observation deck of the World Trade Center with my daughter, Jess, on 8/29/01

In Iraq:

Picture of the gate to his base in Ramadi taken from a Humvee (photo was on Jordan's camera) - Jordan and another Marine were killed when the gate and guard shack (large pile of sandbags to right of gate) were leveled by a truck bomb a few days after this picture was taken:

I like to think that I gave him some motorcycle riding ops on our little dirtbikes and his first 'big bike' experience piloting my TW200 for a short ride in the yard... it sure would be nice to have him around still now that his cousins (my kids) are licensed and riding - I'm sure he would be with them riding his Dad's KLR or VFR. We all miss him dearly.

I've been to Ramadi and spent time with the Marines there. They took great care of us Army guys.(read that as "spoke slowly and used small words") Americas best!!!

83,500 miles and counting
rlbowers03 is offline   Reply With Quote