View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #162
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocdog View Post
+1000

My brother, Chris, and his only child - his son, Jordan. Jordan was KIA in Iraq 3 years ago today (right about at this hour).

Playing soldier as a boy:

On the observation deck of the World Trade Center with my daughter, Jess, on 8/29/01

In Iraq:

Picture of the gate to his base in Ramadi taken from a Humvee (photo was on Jordan's camera) - Jordan and another Marine were killed when the gate and guard shack (large pile of sandbags to right of gate) were leveled by a truck bomb a few days after this picture was taken:

I like to think that I gave him some motorcycle riding ops on our little dirtbikes and his first 'big bike' experience piloting my TW200 for a short ride in the yard... it sure would be nice to have him around still now that his cousins (my kids) are licensed and riding - I'm sure he would be with them riding his Dad's KLR or VFR. We all miss him dearly.
I had to burry a few of my friends and many men I did not know wile I was an honor guardsman. I cannot imagine doing that to a family member. God bless him and your family, I look forward to meeting men like him in the here after...