View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 02:38 AM   #9
herrstedt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSchad View Post
due to some health issues im going to have to get rid of my GS soon,

so got to thinking what i will get once ive sorted my self out and thinking of the Tiger as they are a lot of bike for little money

how many of them used on here ?
GSchad

Is it a money-issue or a handability-issue ?. I changed my 06 955i Tiger for a 12GS last year. I sure still miss my Tiger , but the GS is much better for me in maneuvrability. Im only 177cm high (low) and the Tiger was in a tip-toe hight for me. I was going to get a lower suspension rear if it wasnt for a testride on a 12GS with a low seat and a very good offer in excange. Also for my temper the Tiger was a lot more aggressiv in response due to the turbine-jet motor. I think it was like riding a rocket (some may like that). The two bikes have almost the same weight where the GS has the weight lower placed.
The dealer had my old Tiger for sale quite a long time and I missed it so much that I almost switched back. Im glad though that I didnt because riding along with my daughter I feel a lot more safe because the better handability. The BM also has ABS witch can be a lifesaver some says.

Herrstedt
Attached Images

herrstedt is offline   Reply With Quote