View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #77
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,437
Day one at Evansville raceway was fun and great weather but we had some mechanlcal issues throughout the day....thats racing.

My 80 RM 125 has something funny going on with it? Thought it was the carb so I did the PineSol soak and installed a new float vave and seat but it is cutting out and popping so I parked it for the weekend and both my son and I rode the 89 CR 125( in different moto's) and the bike did great!

My KTM 150 got a flat tire in practice so I scrambled to put a new tube in it and of course forgot to tap the back brake pedal to bring the pads back into the disk... I was second into the first corner and when i tried to brake.....there was nothing....well there was a pond on the right of me and the left first turn and I somehow managed to hold on and make it through the coner which gave me great position which I was able to hold although I was passed once on the last lap but I got him back before the finsh line and finished 2nd.

I got a 3-3 on the 89 cr 125 which i was thrilled with and was happy with the bike.

2nd moto on the 150 and I didn't get the start i wanted but got in a fast group and was 4-5th when i was coming down one of the big hills and my bike locked up....SUCKED! I had to take the chain off so the "tow" quad could pull me up the hill and back to my truck with my head down and not happy.

Both of my bikes out of service and another day to race tomorrow...

My son and I on the line(110) before his moto

pvangel screwed with this post 05-01-2011 at 08:05 PM
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote