View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #4483
CodeMonkee
Geek Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,255
Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonkee View Post
A 2004 Ducati Multistrada 1000DS. Asking $5K.

Not the 'S' model, so it has Maz forks and Sachs shock (IIRC).

It has the gel seat and Ducati hard panniers. I will roll it out later and take some pics, but it is red. There are some scratches in the paint, mostly from my boots and mostly on the panniers and grab handle. I did drop it at a stop light in 2009 - I broke the gear shift lever tip (replaced) and I tweaked the right side rear cowling (I am going to order that or I will drop the price by the cost of that new).

It has a relatively new battery that has remained on a small float battery charger whenever I am not riding it, which isn't much at all since I got my Husaberg - maybe 2K miles at most.

It has been stored in a carport (the carport has sides) under a fabric cover.

It has Staintune pipes that sound real nice if you like loud pipes.

About 1K miles ago (late 2009 IIRC) it had its 12K mile service and the kickstand replaced with a newer design (that was free on recall). The mirrors are stock - I kept them for the front turn signals - I use the CRG bar end mirrors I added. I also have some bar end turn signals I never added - they go with the bike.

There is an outstanding recall from Ducati that was mailed to me this winter - something about an oil line IIRC. That is free at any Ducati dealer. Last several services have been at Seattle Ducati. The only outstanding issue they had was the rear header was leaking at the head so I tightened that up.

It has an aftermarket stoplight and turn signals (the turn signals are Hyperlight modules) and a Zero Degree double bubble windscreen with a Laminar Lip on top of that. Other than that it is fairly stock.

There is a spare front side cover that I got with the bike. The one on the bike has a scratch that was on it when I bought it. The other side cover, the one over the battery, has some of the tabs broken on it, so it fits a bit loosely.

Oh, and yes, I have a spare black key and the red key and the card. I have a clear title.
Pics as promised:

And even a video:

http://youtu.be/4WD6tS-CHDY?hd=1
Not all who wander are lost

CodeMonkee screwed with this post 06-12-2011 at 09:47 PM
CodeMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote