View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #63
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Ergo 365 Pro Expedition H2Out® Jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISK View Post
Been looking at the 365 jacket and pants here as I need a new all-year, on-off road suit now (see thread elsewhere).
My big worry is that, despite even the non-pro jacket costing almost £700 here in the UK (!!) it looks to me like the system means in winter here (rain every day) the outer jacket will get sodden. I appreciate the inner layer will keep me dry, but that leaves me doing [ahem] MPH in temps barely above freezing in a jacket soaked with freezing water.
Seems that if you live in a cold/wet country like this there really isn't a genuine "all year" suit solution, because you need Gore-tex Pro Shell style weatherproofing in winter, and something totally different in the warmer months.
:-(
Which is a pity, coz these Spidi jackets look the absolute ***** otherwise and I love them.
Dear Isk,

thank you for your interest in Ergo 365 pro Jacket.
I don't know where you took information, but they're wrong.
Ergo 365 Pro jacket features a 3-layers external shield. More deeply, the external fabric is made by the following 3 layers:

1st layer: 100% Nylon Oxford with Teflon Water Repellant treatment (it's the black fabric on the outside:
2nd layer: H2Out® Hydropholic Membrane 3000 WP / 5000 TR (it's the white lamination in the middle)
3rd layer: 18D Tricot (it's the Comfort part in the inner)

This is just the external fabric.

Of course this is worn together with the removable membrane (separate jacket) and the thermal liner (separate jacket).

What does this mean?
If you ride in full winter time (in UK for example) you wear the 3 jackets together, while the external 3-layers-fabric doesn't get sodden at all, because of its water repellent treatment.

Again, if you ride in rainy condition in very hot climates, you just use the external 3-layers shield, close all the 6 big air intakes, stay dry, with high breathability, and don't get sodden.

PLease have a look to how our Step-in-clothing system works here.

Please reply for any question or doubts about Ergo or other Spidi H2Out® Serie items.

Thanks for your attention.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote