View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 06:39 AM   #840
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by theWolfTamer View Post
I think the problem is not flipping the bike but doing nothing to improve the bike beforehand. It seems just buying a bike, washing it, and checking the fluids before putting it up for sale is unethical--Especially if he bought the bike with the intention of selling it again.

An ethical flip involves doing something to make the bike better than when you bought it. So in this case if the guy had replaced rather than simply checked the fluids, he would have an ethical flip.

Then buying and selling any thing in your book , without adding value would some how be UN-ethical ? With all due respect to a fellow biker , I couldn't disagree more . When the building business went south a few years ago , I liquidated numerous construction companies . I profited handsomely from it . I took the risk , the builders got badly needed cash , and again I profited from my taking on the RISK !

When we go to work every day , some one either ourselves or our employer has to profit from it . If there are no profits , there are no jobs .

Lets say for the moment that Joe has lost his job , and can't find another one due to the economic conditions . Now lets say he creates his own job by buying and selling things . Now lets say he profits from this venture enough to support his family . Is this UN-ethical ?

The answer is NO ! He is providing a buyer for the seller , then he is providing some thing the a buyer wants . It may take several months to re-sell what ever it is , but he lives with that . He also lives with the fact that he could lose money . In the end the flipper takes on all the risk , he may win and he may lose . In the interim he has provided a seller with cash , and provided a buyer with an item . The two key words here are SERVICE & RISK .

That's my 2 cents

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote