View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #42
Onederer
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 666
I am joining the BW asylum.

This thing needs a LOT of love. It is going to require a complete engine tear down because it is stuck in gear and plain wore out.

Will need all hub bearings, brakes, cables, jack-shaft bearings and replacement of the hacked up air box. It is also going to need a new clutch cover and some internals because the kick starter doesn't work correctly. The muffler is completely gutted as well and will need replaced.

The rear tire and final chain and sprockets will work for now and it got a new OEM CDI before it stuck in gear and was put up (left in the yard) years ago.

Depending on how things go, I would like to use a Tri-Z front end with the disk brake before I spend any money on the original forks and brake.

This is going to be a slow process. Any advice from sage BW owners is appreciated along with any parts that may be collecting dust and can be parted with . I imagine to find some real carnage when I get into the engine and have been scouring E-bay for a couple months without finding any real good stuff.