View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 03:37 AM   #64
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,421
Before the start of last season I set up to cook in camp. I purchased an MSR dragonfly stove, very loud, but very good for cooking. Boil to simmer and evrything in between. I also bought a set of pans, collapsible plate's and put together a small box of cooking stuff. I also have a polar bear cooler for keeping food cold.

My personal preference when camping is to rise early, make coffee, then make breakfast. I like to make scrambled eggs with some ham,mushrooms,spinach. If I am hungry I will also add some canned hash(but that probably wont fit my new diet well)

Egg's and hash from last spring..

For lunch I usually eat on the road, preferably in a restaurant. Usually a burger or sandwich..

For dinner I like to stop at a local market or store and find something to cook up. Stirfry's work well, sausage, peppers, onions and shroom's is a favorite. I also carry a grill from time to time to be able to grill some chicken. I am really only limited by what I find for supplies along the way. Uncle Ben's ready rice is good stuff and an easy side dish.

Steak stir fry

Grilled chicken with some rice and veggies

I actually prefer to cook in camp as I see it as part of the camping experience. When my wife travels with me she enjoys the fact hat I cook for her. It is also a great way to control our diet.
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote