View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 05:14 AM   #21
farqhuar
Lone Wolf

Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec343 View Post
I am resurrecting this thread from the dead! I am seriously considering switching from my present ST1300A to a Burgman Executive. I tour about 10000 miles a year, always carry my 30# dog, and camping gear. Any other opinions on this my plan???? Do tiree wear much more quickly on scooters?? Are there other scooters more suitable for long distance touring, etc?
No comparison between the ST and the Burgie. I had an ST1100 and now own 2 Burgmen - one is my daily commuter and the second (actually the first) my adventure bike.

I put on around 10,000 miles a year commuting and similar on the two or three big rides I do each year. One big ride I did in 2008 was over 25,000 miles (with over 3,000 miles of dirt/sand) and the Burgie lapped it up..

The Burgman has much more storage space, handles far better (easy turn in / transitions in the twisties) and is far more comfortable due to big screen, high bars, wide comfy seat and huge range of different seating / foot positions.

Tyres last twice as long on the Burgman - 1 get around 15,000 miles out of a rear and only half that on the ST.

Only bike you will find more comfortable is a Goldwing - no other scooter compares.