View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
RevBill OP
Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer: 2,102
.. off to the Nantahala Forest for the weekend ..

.. a few days later I ran across an invite to ride some service roads over in the Nantahala Woods .. what a GREAT weekend .. first time to really find out what my KLR can do .. 75mph on I-40, no problem ..

.. bombing through the woods and gravel roads, no problem ..

.. ahhhhh ... refreshing ..

.. thankfully I had already bought some Barkbusters and had them on for my slide into second base .. nothing like crashing (no sleeping beauty shot though) ..

.. and some JB Weld to put the fairing tabs back on and cable ties for a "good as new" repair .. notice the crash bars, those arrived the day I road out to Nantahala (ahem) .. what timing .. (EDIT on 08-10-11) .. the JB Weld is holding up great on the tabs, but has failed on the lower push-in plugs/mounts .. the tank fairings are (suprisingly) still very solid, but I will be fixing this very soon ..

.. btw .. as of this writing .. one of our fellow inmates owns the Cabins at Nantahala and is probably one of the most gracious and best host (along with his family) that I have met in a long time .. if you have the chance to stay there, do so, you will not be disappointed .. and if he can't go riding with you, he can darn-sure point you to some of the best riding in the area ..

RevBill screwed with this post 08-10-2011 at 09:32 AM
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote