View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #44
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,892
Jerry,

Thanks for the bike info. My serious dirt bike is a KTM 450. We do enough hiway riding on our DS trips that suitability and comfort are a factor. We have the ridden the TAT east and west in two different trips. Both times we rode pavement all the way back home ~ 1400 miles.

BTW my name is Bill Boyer. My handle is just my initials with nm for New Mexico. (I am terrible at dreaming up clever names for things and don't even bother trying anymore.)

Yes I did look at your maps. Lots of good stuff there. As I noted somewhere you cannot get out of Jerome to the south. That track was my hand-drawn trip plan.

My Benchmark map shows that you can get back on the GWT if you go to the top of the mountain heading west out of Jerome and pick up a dirt road south at whatever that pass is up there. I sort of intended to do that on our trip after we left Jerome but went too far west. So we decided to bag that section and head over towards Payson. We did get in the Fossil Creek run on the way which was really nice.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote