View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #5972
LoriKTM
Wrecking Ball

Oddometer: 1,525
More hard luggage options for the Tiger

(Exclusive spy photos!)

The hubby and I were lucky enough to have our Tigers used for the prototype Jesse luggage system. We've been riding our bikes to work this week, with bags mostly empty. Can't even tell they are there once you are riding. It's a bit of an adaption for me getting on and off the bike with luggage. This will be my first bike with hard bags. We have a pavement/dirt camping trip planned, and we will post an update on how everything works out.

For those familiar with the Jesse luggage, you know how well it is made and how slick everything works. 5" adjustment travel (forward/back) to get the weight balanced right where you need it. Plus a bit of tilt adjustment as well. Matching locks. Top loading!

These are the 10" Odyssey bags.

Overall width on the Tiger is about 37". You can bring them in another inch closer if you have an aftermarket pipe. (Stock pipe on ours)

And a very cool touch on the mounting bracket:

The mounting brackets are painted prototypes, so I'm sure the final powdercoated versions will be awesome! Plus, it looks like you could flop over a set of soft bags and tie them to the mounting brackets pretty easily.

I don't know the what the going production price will be for the bags and brackets, but I believe Al Jesse said he would be ready for orders in early June. http://www.jesseluggage.com/

Oh, and he's also going to be making a top plate system for the rear rack, and probably a couple other nifty things for the new Tiger as well!
LoriKTM is offline   Reply With Quote