View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #196
Lopoetve
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsred323i View Post
I demo'd a street triple over the weekend at the local Triumph dealer. I thought that because I am a big guy (6-0 / 200lb) that it would not be comfortable. I was wrong. I really like the light weight of the bike. It was easy to flick around. It reminded me of my old memories of the RD400 I had in my youth.

I thought a Tiger 800 or a Bonny would be the way to go, but the steet triple was really fun.

I can see an S3 in my future provided I could ride it for longer than 20 minutes to see how my knees feel.
6'2, 280 here, 34" inseam, and the S3 gets a bit stiff in the knees after 150 miles or so in a day. But, they make adjustable pegs (I'm getting them - move them down one notch just to give me a bit more stretch room for longer trips).
There's a real simple test for "does my bike have soul": when you're on it do you feel like Sigurd hitting mach III on Fafnir's back while you decapitate pedestrians with Gram and plunge into a spinning color vortex of lust-hate-fear-madness as you leap the Himalayas? If so, you have found your mount. If not... the quest may be long, indeed. Embrace the inevitable - Scrannel
Lopoetve is offline   Reply With Quote