View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #199
mcteague
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
I just bought a 2011 Street Triple last weekend. The R model was sold out everywhere and the 2012s, with the new ugly headlights, were due by Fall. As I weigh 160lbs and won't put it on the track I figured I could get by with the standard model. Plus I got it for about $600 off list. As the R is $700 more I saved $1300 overall which can be used for upgrades.

It is the most fun motorcycle I have ever ridden. So light, torquey and maneuverable. The gearbox is much smoother than my FZ6 and, as a naked, there is no noisy buffeting off the windscreen as there was with the Yamaha. The suspension is firm but well controlled. The brakes seem more than up to the task. I'm sure the R is better but, for my riding, I think the right choice was made.

The exhaust note is really nice and much louder than expected, not too crazy about that as I hate loud bikes. The Street does just what I want a bike to do; it makes all rides a blast. The power curve and super light handling make even slow rides a blast. It will be fun to see what it can do once broken in!

Tim
Attached Images

mcteague is offline   Reply With Quote