View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #112
Simplyred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Buffalo View Post
Could really use some help guys and my advanced apologies if this has already been addressed.

I have the G4. On my 2010 990 ADV I have the Zumo 665 that I loaded all my music on to and finally a Blackberry. The BB is Bluetoothed to the Zumo which then links to the Scala. So far so good.

Issue #1 - Occasionally, for no particular reason when everything is on and I try to play music from the Zumo, it comes through very distorted. I shut EVERYTHING down (UGH) & start all over but linking in a different sequence. Music fine. Then, I'll get a phone call, the music cuts off as it should but then when the call is done, no music even though it stills shows as playing on the screen. Only happens intermittently.

Issue #2 - when I'm riding with my bro and we're sync'd together, I cannot listen to my music but rather have to choose FM radio only. This is ok if we're riding in an area with a signal but when you're in the back country? No music!

So is this a Scala, Zumo or Blacberry issue? Also, my company is moving us to the new iPhone 4 in about a month so I wonder if that will help anything?

I love the unit but man, it's a pain in the ass getting everything linked up correctly! Gotta be an easier way. HELP!!!!

Thanks all,
Steve
Hi Steve.

I am in no way an expert, but willing to give it a try.

First of all: indeed, the G4 is not an easy piece of equipment to work with if you want to get all out of it. But that has been said enough in this thread. Too many functions on too many buttons that are too small, and you need to do it all by fiddling around on your helmet where you can't see the device, and on top of it: whilst wearing gloves. It is a wonder anything comes out of it if you look at it that way.

That said, you say you do not get your music back after using the phone. Since all is connected through your zumo, did you try pushing the A button for 3 secs after the phone ends to get the music back?
Simplyred is online now   Reply With Quote