View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #114
340hp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyred View Post
Hi Steve.

did you try pushing the A button for 3 secs after the phone ends to get the music back?
Steve,

This is what works for me, with either the Garmin or the BB sync'ed up on the A2DP input, hold down the A button for a few seconds and the music returns.

On the VOX. I have learned the G4 senses background noise when it's turned on to set a minimum threshold of noise to ignore, and the VOX is looking for a total db value of combined voice & background noise level to activate.

If you power up the G4 without the bike engine running the VOX seldom works well once the engine is pulling you down the road. The engine & road noise alone will already exceed the threshold expected for combined background & voice and the VOX essentially disables itself unless you yell and scream into the mike.

I have learned to power up the G4 after the engine is running, with the helmet face flipped up or the helmet in my hands to let the system sense the conditions closer to the background noise while riding, and the VOX works much better. The auto volume level (AGC) control also works better, allowing the sound level to power through ear plugs (although the ear-bud or quality speaker mod may be in my future for improved fidelity at the resulting high volume level).

The software update has improved the VOX & AGC but it still works better if the handshaking with the phone and A2DP source is with the expected background noise level present.

The G4 may seem complicated, and it is complicated to sync everything, but if you isolate the functions to what you are using while riding it's not too bad to remember. If the A2DP/MP3 is what you find you need to control most often, review & memorize the A2DP & phone buttons (only the MP3 button and the volume up & down buttons, and the phone button to answer a call). With the volume & AGC set I find I typically only touch the "A" (Intercom & MP3) button and the top center mobile phone button.

Ed
340hp is offline   Reply With Quote