View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #208
Shep
Vagabond

Oddometer: 498
I will be anxious to hear a review of the bags. I have a "proper" touring bike in a 1200GS, but decided to take the Triple on a 3 day run from Indiana to Asheville this weekend. The older I get, the more I seem to regress toward light weight, sporting bikes. Work had prohibited me from spending much real time on my Triple, so this was a chance to put it to the test. My only disappointment was that the area was so crowded over the holiday weekend that I felt more like I was in a parade than really riding. I'm going to have to make another trip to give the tires a workout.

I've never been one to want to make a bike into something it wasn't intended to be, but I also don't like the idea of limiting a bike's potential either. I was extremely impressed with the Triple's ability to carry me along on Interstate duty when necessary. While I prefer to avoid those type of roads, if you are like me, you often only have a small window to escape and return in, requiring some quick travel to and from the desired destination. The stock seat was quite painful for me after about 200 miles and my bum right knee got a bit cranky, but I had no problem running the 450 miles from Asheville to my house this morning in about 7.5 hours. Just a couple quick shots:

I ended up using Kriega bags ( a 20 and a 10) and an old tankbag.

You can even deliver pizzas on this bike!

I have another Kriega 10 and a tankbag adapter. I bought this bike as a fun, local toy to complement the Beemer, however, I enjoy riding it so much more than the Beemer Pig that I may have to give those saddlebags a serious look.

Shep