View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #49
k1973
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podman View Post
Ok guys this thread has been too light lately. I know this is a very low volume bike and only a select few have them but would like some feedback on the bike. I am presently looking a super tenere or 990 smt. I have a 990sd and really like it but I also like to do long trips. Last summer I covered 9000 miles in 3 months of riding on a vfr1200. Really like the superduke and could probably tour on it but want something MTS1200-super tenere-r1200gs oriented. Would like your thoughts on this.

Thx

Mike
I know what you mean Mike. I have the Super Duke's English cousin, a Triumph Speed Triple. I have a month long 8,500 mi trip planned for late summer and was in the process of setting up Speedy for the trip. I fab'd up a rack for Pelican 1550's, added a 60L dry duffel, and was about to do a few other mods, when I finally decided I didn't want to do that to Speedy. So I jumped on a deal for a 2010 SMT. I don't have any experience on the other bikes you mentioned. But another inmate (milq) as also made the move to the SMT. He was coming off of a V-Strom 1000 (I think) and really like the change.

Both bikes the day I brought the SMT home.
k1973 is offline   Reply With Quote