View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #55
k1973
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar View Post
I first used SW-Motech Quick Lock frames 10 years ago, and whilst I have heard and seen people question their durabilty, I've never had a problem nor read of any significant recurring problems with the system. By contrast, I have heard several reports of the stainless Touratech frames on the KTM 690 cracking for instance. Just because they are designed to come of the bike easily it doesn't mean there's got to be a durability issue.
That's what I was thinking as well, but then started coming across several threads/posts where people were having issues with the quick release bolts rattling loose. And a few others stated they were pretty much destroyed after a drop in the parking lot. Not sure how true all those statement are, but it was enough to get me to do some more research.

The rack I built for my S3 isn't bullet proof, but I did build in enough strength and cross bracing to survive a drop in my parents drive (30mph gust blew it off the side stand). The rack and pelican side cases actually protected my side panels and rear of the bike.

k1973 screwed with this post 06-03-2011 at 08:12 AM
k1973 is offline   Reply With Quote