View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 01:37 PM   #27
snowrider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
The next day on the way to Watson Lake.

Look, a mountain!

Hi, I'm from Wisconsin.

Getting gas in the clouds in the Rockies in BC. I think this was just before we got into the best riding ever. I don't have any shots showing anything like what we saw when we were right in the middle of the Rockies.

Me and Bill met Mike and Silve in Watson Lake and we drank some beers. We ran into them the next day in the signpost forest.

Silve and Mike.

Me.

You can get excited about going just about anywhere.

Nothing special about this picture, I just took it as a reference so I could remember the name of it and where it is. Dawson Peaks is a nice place with a good cook, and according to the owner of the place this is where you can start in the lake and float out to the Bering Sea and to Nome, AK a very long ways away. People buy boats to do this and sell the boats when they get there and fly out of Nome. Some people have built rafts and done it. This really got me thinking about rafting.
At the hostel across the river from Dawson City where I camped, I met a guy named Rob from Vancouver who drove his truck to Whitehorse with a bicycle in back. He stashed the bike in Whitehorse, sold the truck and bought a canoe. He canoed the river from Whitehorse to Dawson City in 12 days, seeing grizzlies and almost everything but people along the river. He was going to hitch back to Whitehorse and get the bike, then ride it back to Vancouver. Look on a map if you want an idea of the distances here.
I think I need to float to somewhere.

Lots of nice little dirt roads off the main highway, it could take a million years to explore them all. This is somewhere between Watson Lake and Whitehorse.

snowrider screwed with this post 07-01-2009 at 06:03 PM
snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote