View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
warp9man OP
Gravel in my Travel

Oddometer: 589
more pics of Butler, the whole time your paralleing a small stream with white rock cliffs in the distance to the left and sanstone red rock to your right. pretty cool way to start the ride and hey with the wreck out of the way i was feeling pretty good.

on a side note i highly recommend wrecking on the first day of the ride, it can only get better from there ha-ha

after being on Butler for awhile we come out onto I95 and turn west, 95 is open range so becareful

on 95 there was 3 stops we wer planning,

1st stop Butler Wash indian ruins, damn cool and a short hike from the parking lot.

2nd stop: Mule Canyon Ruins...pretty cool cause there right off the road and you can get right up to them.

3rd stop: Natural Bridges state park

plenty of scenic pullouts and for the adventurous you can hike down in the wash bottms for 8 miles. I wasnt feeling the hike in the moto boots.

yup more ruins, but there down in the wash and only accessed by an 8 mile hike.

if you look you can see the natural bridge

back on 95 we head west to catch out turn south on 276 to halls crossing.

while on 276 its starts out pretty desolate but later drops you into a little canyon. while on 276 the wife slaps me in the head and yells STOP! shit i thought something was wrong, she says i think i seen inrian ruins turn around. so like the obediant husband i am i turn around and we find this little Gem. i think it often gets overlooked over as trees hide it from plain sight.

warp9man screwed with this post 06-18-2011 at 05:42 PM
warp9man is offline   Reply With Quote