View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
warp9man OP
Gravel in my Travel

Oddometer: 552
After the crazy cool hike in the slot canyons we jump back on Hole n the rock road and head towards....you guessed it hole n the rock. this is where early pioneers blasted a cut in the rock to lower there covered wagons down to the then coloradro river which is now coverd by lake powell. once you get there your flat out amazed they could ever get anything down this let alone a wagon. its a hell of a climb/hike just by yourself. you definalty walk out of there with much respect the the big kahunas the pioneers had to pull this massive feat off.

the last few miles of hole in the rock can be a challenge 2 up. theres tons of sand and lots of washboards.

picks of the blasted pass at Hole in the rock

the hole in the rock has 120miles of wasboards and is a true test of the suspension 2up. make sure you locktite EVERYTHING i lost a main nut for the handelbar mounts and a radiator bolt. did i say loctite eveyting?

when i rolled back into Escalante i couldnt even touch the shock the washboards got her hotter than hell. im suprised the seal head didnt fail ha-ha. a testimant to ktm quality...well maybe for the suspension but i did suffer a major setback the next day.

warp9man screwed with this post 06-18-2011 at 04:54 PM
warp9man is offline   Reply With Quote