View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
warp9man OP
Gravel in my Travel

Oddometer: 551
Another night in Escalante finds us making traks for home. We get an early start as were going to pass through Bryce canyon and want to get some hiking in and still make it home 340 miles from Bryce before bed time.

We have a brisk morning ride to Bryce Canyon Park.

While sitting at this scenic view spot I notice something...damn I have an oil leak. If you look closely you can see the start of it on the rotor cover.

The oil leak reared its ugly head as soon as we payed our entrance into Bryce canyon, while i dont have a picture of the leak trust me she was pretty bad. I took the tanks off in the parking lot of Rubys inn gas station. I was bummed, I couldnt find the exact source of the oil leak, it looked like it was coming from the head gasket on the front cyclinder but there was so much I couldnt be sure.

Well not to put a damper on an awsome trip I called my son and had him bring the trailer down, so unfortunatly she had a shamful ride home behind the wifes SUV. I figured id get it home and asses the situation instead of limp it home and possibly do some damage.

while we waited 5 hours for him to show up we took advantage of the park fee we paid and did some great hikes

so all in all despite an oil leak and a trailer ride it was a great trip and opened my wifes eyes to so doing more extended bike rides. shes allready planning the next rides and discusses it with me everyday so i'm of course pumped.

heres a link to more ride photos and videos of the slot canyons on photobucket http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16 .

until next time...ride safe guys

warp9man screwed with this post 06-18-2011 at 07:17 PM
warp9man is online now   Reply With Quote