View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #22569
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshrey View Post
I also managed to relocate the level sensor to a spot that reliably brings on the low fuel light with .8 gallons left. Opposite side of the pump from where it starts, it is zip tied to one of the vertical plastic rails that make up the cage.
I moved my fuel sensor when I installed the Safari tank. Like in your IMS, mine comes on with .8 gallons left in the tank (after burning 2.8 gallons of the 3.6 gallon Safari tank capacity). I removed the original fuel sensor clip and it left a perfect spot to zip-tie the sensor. Removing the clip leaves on less thing for the wires to stretch over so they can go lower and leaves the sensor on the original side of the housing. I'll leave this fuel pump in the safari when I move it to my wife's WRR and relocate the sensor on that fuel pump before installing it int he IMS. Details and pictures of the install on my blog here: http://mrchadx.blogspot.com/2011/04/...-safari-3.html

Here is a picture of the clip removed and me holding it with a needlenose pliers.
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote