View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #181
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff View Post
........................... We have quite a few roads similar to those in your pics around here. A couple I would have sworn where a couple miles outside of Cumberland. WVHillbilly had me on one a couple of weeks back. I will do the BRP and the T-Shirt roads just so I can say I did them, but I am beginning to discover the vast resource we have in WV, Western MD, and North West - VA. Many of our roads are incredible. Check out some the threads from "PNOMAN" http://www.ridingwv.com/ . I would be very much interested in some of your fav's.
A couple Bikes I am drooling about are the KTM's, Suzuki DL650 Vstrom, BMW gs650 and I have had a strange affection for the Triumph Tiger ever since I've first started riding in 1972 in Italy on a 500 Triumph Trophy!

Honestly I'm happiest when I'm on two wheels heading down any road!
I lived in Bowie, MD for 3 years in the 90s. I took quite a few rides out to WV & VA while I lived there. Although I thought the roads where great, I prefered the roads further south so that's where I went on longer trips. But, that was back before my dual sport days. Back then I preferred the easier roads like Deals Gap because it was easy to go fast and feel like a hero on them. Since then my tastes have changed some and I prefer the more challenging roads where average speeds are lower. I suspect I would like the roads of your area more now than I did back then.

Some day I'll make it back up there but the problem is: So many roads, so little time.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote