1. She didn't hit anything.
2. I've seen lots of bikes that have hit things and plenty of bikes that got catapaulted down the road after a crash, in 40 years the only time I've ever seen this type of broken fork slider at the axle mount was on these BMW's.
3. DO NOT LET BMW GET POSSESION OF THE FORKS!!!
4. Talk to a real serious product liability lawyer; I assure you that even the most aggressive lawyer that you can find will not be nearly as aggressive as the ones on team BMW already.
5. Don't post anymore info about the severe and life altering injuries (or lack of them) incurred when you were suddenly and violently slammed onto the pavement when the forks failed.
6. Ignore almost all of the advice and/or opinions posted here (except mine and a couple of other folks who are obviously questionable characters because they post on this forum).
Good Luck, and let us know what happens after the dust settles.