View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #19
rizzer OP
no longer bikeless

Oddometer: 56
Deminimis, ah you're right about the frame. too bad XL's are rare back home :/
the small population around are prolly in collector's garages. historically we had honda CG's, then the small CB's (100-125, and a tiny amount of CB200's), then the GL's (150-200). I think none of them had double cradle frames.
I had a tiger (GL200) about 5-6 years ago and can say that the engine and electrics were pretty much bulletproof. would be a pretty good base engine for a start. best of all is that it's cheap...but then again will need to get the frame modified. should be easy to extend some pipes under the engine

there is a pretty good supply of KZ200's for dirt cheap, and I think they had cradle frames. but the spareparts availability would throw me off though

I was also thinking of getting a cheap liquid cooled cub bike (yamaha LC135) and strip the engine. would cost about the same as the honda tiger buy used but at 5 years younger. the displacement is only 135, but there's a good supply of bore up kits from Taiwan and Thailand that'll get it up to around 175-180cc. not much, but would that be enough for a little "play bike"?
say with a 16' rear and 19' front and low gearing?

Dmay, yeah and it looks like it won't be too much work/budget. can't wait to get home!!!!

thanks for all the inputs guys, I got a whole lotta options on my plate right now...constantly browsing used bike forums and what not
keep 'em coming though, we ain't done yet!

edit: my wife's gonna hate me when I start leaving the house to hunt for a bike and parts on my arrival heheh...

rizzer screwed with this post 06-24-2011 at 04:33 PM
rizzer is offline   Reply With Quote