View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #909
dentvet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
i can't speak to any issues specific to california, but builder bikes are out there for those willing to spend some time looking. it took me months of poking around on the internet to find the right bike for the right price. the height of the riding season usually isn't the best time to search. i've said it before, but you have to be diligent, know what you're looking for, know what you're looking at when you find it, and have cash in hand to make the deal...generally no second chances on a

2008, less than 1000 miles, cracked generator cover and no battery so i couldn't hear it run, some scrapes, and missing a few parts. purchase price was $750. i wish i would have offered $500, the kid might have taken it, but i knew that the parts i didn't intend to use were worth more than $750 so i didn't feel too bad.

Thats a great deal there.

I had a weird feeling on the last bike i bought. i didn't nitpick the bike or criticise any part of the deal, nor did i lowball
(if there is such a thing as lowball) I simply asked what's the lowest you'd take for it? He spoke and i accepted.

I felt a liitle bad driving home because i know the guy could probably use the money and a couple hundred bucks wouldn't have made a big difference to me.

I guess it might be arrogant/presumptuous for me to feel sorry for somebody who seemed happy to sell his bike.
dentvet is offline   Reply With Quote