View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #30
rizzer OP
no longer bikeless

Oddometer: 56
Pete, thanks for the info. I didn't know they existed in our market :/

PScrauber, yeah, I don't think I can afford to go through that length of total frame rebuild as your pics showed. would prolly opt for a more chop approach than fabrication. your TY example is a much more convenient option for me. btw, man that yellow TY is pretty!

also, the RX-135 (AKA RX-King) in its standar form:

there's also a Z version:

the king version is infamous for being getaway vehicles for criminals. and being a bulletproof engine with low maintenance costs, it was also widely used for bike taxis. also, the gearing on the king is lower than the RXZ. another plus of choosing this engine is that 2 stroke value has gone down in recent years so it should be pretty cheap.

Bikepilot, thanks for the link! that's gonna help me get through the sleepless nights heheh
I agree about the suspension though, I also think it could be overkill to use the KTM fork. would make more sense to get a smaller/skinnier conventional fork from the KLX150 for example.
I read somewhere that trials forks are "springy", and you said it should be soft. does this springy means more preload than damping? and would soft means more tendency to bottom out kinda soft?
rizzer is offline   Reply With Quote