View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #99
canyncarvr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquewidow View Post
I didn't see this mentioned...

I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV...but...

There was a mention of an ER having to do with a cigarette. There was no mention of an ER visit in the OP. I'm not sure it happened.

IF you have not been to a medical facility, my $.02 is to get to one asap. Take lot'sa pics of everything..every road rash mark..every swollen part..and keep the clothes you had on at the time...UNwashed!

Get a copy of the doc's dictation on your visit. That dictation will (damn better should!) be explicit in the detail of every injury. There will be nothing of this sort: 'Patient fell off her bike..got kind'a scraped up/banged up.'

If there is NOT an explicit, detailed account of the damage...get to another doc immediately.

If the doc says records are not transcribed anymore, keep digging. Your doc/the ER doc may use voice recognition in the EMR (electronic medical record) process, but there is a medical record with a detailed account of your injuries.

GET IT! Make absolutely sure everything in it is correct..AND that everything IS in it.

..and every other similar record pertaining to follow-up visits for this accident.

Keeping a diary/log about it wouldn't be a bad idea. Two-three years from now, nothing will beat a daily log with inputs like: 'This is the fifth day I've awakened with a severe headache. Same as the ealier four days since the BMW fell apart.'

Absolutely beats (same time frame):

'What other injuries did you have?'

'I had a headache for awhile after the bike fell apart!.'

'For how long?'

'Awhile.'

Hope you heal well..in body and spirit.

Get back on that horse (OK...some OTHER horse) and ride!
canyncarvr is offline   Reply With Quote